LOUDFEST - A TRIBUTE FESTIVAL
Tribute shows excite and polarise equally but there is no denying the thirst for nostalgia currently in Australia with the re-emergence of a vibrant tribute scene. Long gone is the stigma of “just a cover band” or as Danny Bazzi, from Silverback Touring, puts it, “tribute shows are now far from those which you would just catch, conveniently, while hitting your local for a ten buck t-bone”.
The tributes that Bazzi refers to are world class, professionally produced, hit laden shows, delivered by brilliant musicians, which give punters the chance to hear, and enjoy the music they know, and love, in a time where seeing the original bands may not be all that practical.
Silverback has been at the forefront of delivering tribute spectacles throughout the Covid period with conceptualised tours celebrating the music of Metallica, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Van Halen and the entire ‘80s glam rock era, all of which have been received well by fans and staged in some of Australia’s finest rock establishments.
The next instalment for Silverback is “Loudfest”, a tribute festival promising punters 7 hours of rock spanning generations. Bazzi explains, “the point of difference with Loudfest is the variety in the acts. This is a rock show first and foremost but it is not exclusively targeting a single sub genre of rock. It features everything from classic rock to hard rock, modern day rock and blues based rock”.
The first instalment, in Melbourne, is led by Australia’s heaviest hitter in the tribute space. The Killer Queen Experience have received world recognition for their authentic portrayals of Queen. The line up is rounded out with tributes to Foo Fighters (by Foovana), Poison (by Poizon’us), ZZ Top (by Fandango), Skid Row (by Riot Act) and Ozzy Osbourne (by Blizzard of Aus).
Bazzi explains, “this is a day out for rock fans to just let loose and enjoy the music they know and love by some bands who put absolutely everything into their tribute shows. There is something here for everybody”.
Love them or hate them, tribute shows are here to stay and have, perhaps been best summed up by Alasdair Belling in Blunt Mag who says that tribute shows are “performed by musicians in their prime, bringing the hits of our yester-decades to life (minus the inflated egos, carpal tunnel and substance withdrawals that you might find at a Scorpions or Whitesnake gig in years gone by).”
Loudfest plays in Melbourne at Max Watts on Sat 10 July 2021 with shows in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth to be announced.
Silverback Touring wishes to advise that Kissteria will no longer be appearing at Loudfest in Melbourne. We are pleased to confirm that we have secured the awesome Def Repplica Australia as a replacement. The rock won't stop with DJ Jordan Adam also joining the bill as host and in house DJ with a bunch of giveaways and anthems in between sets.
This is a Covid Safe event and there are a few things we need you to know before you arrive:
- PLEASE DON’T COME if you feel sick, if you’ve been in contact with a person who has been diagnosed with coronavirus (Covid-19) or if you have travelled overseas or to a coronavirus hotspot in the last 14 days. Contact Oztix - we will refund your ticket.
- BRING A MASK — if you are unable to socially distance, it will offer you protection.
- A strict NO QR CODE, NO ENTRY policy applies at our venue. We use the Service Vic App QR code and you will have to show a Security Guard YOUR GREEN TICK at the door to enter the venue.
- Your TICKET WILL BE SCANNED at the Box Office and matched to the detail input at the time of purchasing your ticket. This data will be kept for 28 days to facilitate Track & Trace.
5. NO MOSHING and NO CROWD SURFING. Patrons who kick off will be removed from the venue. We’re really sorry about that, but we’re in a pandemic and we want to STAY OPEN.
Do your best to remain socially distanced and practice good hand hygiene. If you feel sick at the event, please report immediately to the Box Office so we can do a first aid assessment and get you home safely.